Delivery & Returns
1. You can choose an available delivery slot published on this website, and we will email you to confirm the slot after we receive your order. A delivery slot is a week.
2. We will confirm the actual day of delivery nearer the time.
3. Please advise us in advance if you have any access limitations (low bridges, narrow lanes, etc) Generally, if you can get a refuse lorry to your property, our truck will be able to get to you.
4. Due to insurance restrictions delivery is to the ground floor only
5. Please note that delivery is by 2 people, and your order will delivered to the ground floor room you choose. We appreciate that you may want to help unload, unfortunately, our insurance doesn’t allow this. If you do decide to unload you do so at your own risk.
6. Collection from the workshop is not possible.
7. If we have manufactured furniture for a specific completion date which is then subsequently delayed due to building work or other unforeseen complications on the part of the client, we require payment to be made in full on the original delivery date. We have no storage facilities, and so reserve the right to charge the customer any storage charges we incur as a result. Any delivery date is given in good faith but no liability will be accepted by us for any delay. While it is unusual for us to to suffer a delay, in common with other suppliers, we recommend that you only book tradesmen once you have received and checked everything you need to complete the project. Handmade Kitchens of Christchurch Ltd will not be held responsible for any costs as a result of non-delivery on any particular date.
8. The delivery note must be signed by the customer to acknowledge receipt of the items after checking them. If someone will be signing the delivery note on behalf of the customer we must be notified who it is in writing in advance, and the customer must agree that the nominated person has authority to check and sign for the items
9. Deliveries to Building Sites/Difficult spaces:
a. The vast majority of deliveries go without a problem. Our delivery teams are always really helpful and will always try to find a solution for any delivery problems that do arise. Our cabinets are solidly built and can be 2.15m tall and weigh upwards of 40kg. So, due to our experience of delivering our kitchens all over the UK since 2001, we have introduced the following which we think is fair, and protects you, our teams, and our company.
b. Our Delivery Team are not permitted to:
1. Remove gates
2. Remove doors
3. Remove windows
4. Remove fence panels
c. Due to the weight of our cabinets, our Delivery Team are not permitted to lift them over gates, over fences, through windows etc They are also not permitted to carry our cabinets over rough ground which could cause a hazard for 2 men carrying very heavy cabinets including:
1. Over drainage ditches
2. Across temporary planks over drainage ditches.
d. Please advise when we arrange the delivery of your kitchen if any of the above or any other hazards applies to your delivery site. If it does, we can arrange a kerbside delivery so that you can use your own labour to place the cabinets in your house. If you do not advise us in advance and our delivery teams are faced with any of the above or any other unreasonable hazards they will offer you a choice of either a kerbside delivery, or returning your order to the workshop for a later delivery. However, in the latter case a further delivery charge will be applied to your order.
Your order will usually be delivered by our own 2 man team in our own vans. You will have the opportunity to check each cabinet as it is unloaded, and to comment on your delivery note if there are any faults. It would be unusual to find a fault, but if any faults are found please ask our delivery guys to put the cabinet back onto the van, and return it to the workshop. It will then be corrected and redelivered.